Lies, Damned Lies, & Statistics
An improvised two-act play. Actors will bring their real life stories (lies and damned lies) and trivia they study during the rehearsal process (statistics), and twist them up into an improvised two-act play. This production is not strictly comedic or dramatic, but will lean more towards dramatic with elements of comedy. Auditioners are encouraged to consider themselves actors first, and to bring realistic, honest, vulnerable performances to the stage.
Auditions will be held on Wednesday, March 7th and Sunday, March 11th. We are seeking to cast 11 players. All interested performers must attend an audition, even if you have been in the ensemble previously.
Auditions are just for Lies, Damned Lies, & Statistics, and any future productions will be cast independently.
Pay: There will be a small stipend for the run, with additional commissions for ticket sale referrals.
The auditions will run 7-10 PM on Wednesday, March 7th and 12-3 PM on Sunday, March 11th. Auditioners are expected to remain the entire audition time, so please plan accordingly.
All rehearsals will be on Wednesday nights, March 14-May 2, 7:30-10 PM.
Performances will be 8:30 PM on Friday and Saturday nights, May 4-June 16 (no shows 5/25, 5/26).
All auditions and performances will take place at Pendulum Space, 1803 W. Byron St, Suite 216.
Please read the full details and double-check your calendars before signing up. If you have any questions email us at email@example.com.
If you foresee any conflicts with the performance schedule, email us and let us know. Some off-nights will be scheduled for all performers.
If you cannot attend every rehearsal, please do not audition at this time.
You will need to bring a copy of your headshot and resume for the audition, but you do not need to email it. Thanks!
Pitch your show!
Pitch a show to Theatre Momentum
We are looking for improv theatre productions to fill out our schedule. Pitch us yours!
Theatre Momentum is expanding our production schedule this year, and incorporating some 10 PM shows for limited runs, to play after our mainstage productions.
The calendar for our first production dates are below:
The auditions will run the first week of April (schedule TBD), 2 hours.
Rehearsals will run for 8 weeks (schedule TBD), 2 hours/rehearsal, starting the following week, through the last week of May.
Performances will be 10 PM on Friday and Saturday nights, June 1-16 (6 shows).
Why pitch a show to TM?
TM is the only theater in Chicago dedicated to improvised dramatic works. We have a unique mission and hope to expand that with productions beyond just our mainstage shows. You can be a part of that!
If my show is selected, what do I get?
- 2 hours of rehearsal space/week for 8 weeks
- 4 hours of auditions space over two days
- Six 10 PM performances (3 weeks, Fridays and Saturdays)
- Promotions on TM website, FB, Twitter, Instagram, blog posts, online postings, cross-promotions, email list, etc.
- Box office/house manager for your shows
- Ticket sales via TM website
- Graphics support for production of promotional materials
- Press release blast
- 50/50 split of box office (minimum of $400 in total ticket sales applies- roughly 8 seats/show)
- Creative feedback and advice from TM. You will shape and direct your show independently, of course, but TM will be available to provide an extra set of eyes and be a sounding board for any questions or issues you may face.
What does TM require?
- Fill out the form linked below with as much detail about your show as possible. If you don’t have it fleshed out yet, we may still be able to work with you on it.
- Open auditions- anyone can try out. For these productions, we want new ensembles.
- Photos of your cast from rehearsals for promotions
- 50% of box office sales
- Promote your shows, beyond the items noted above. You are responsible for getting butts in seats, as much as TM is. If you have an idea for promotion, get it cleared first. Nothing reasonable will be denied, but it all needs to be cleared before it goes out the door with the TM name on it, and it needs to be coordinated with other promotional efforts when necessary.
- Your cast should plan to run tech for your shows. This allows for the tech person to really understand the show, add technical elements to the production, and be another participant in the performance. Training will be provided, and the house manager will be there every night to answer any technical questions.
- Your cast cross-promotes other TM shows, classes, etc.
- If your show meets/exceeds minimums, you may be selected to remount or continue your show.
What’s with the minimums?
To be perfectly transparent, there is a cost to producing a show, and while we don’t want you to go broke creating your art, we also have to make sure our bills are paid. The $400 minimum is intended to cover the costs of the studio space, posters/postcards, programs, and box office personnel.
If your show does not meet minimums, then you are responsible for making up the difference via working at the studio- studio managing, cleaning, or otherwise using your own skills to help out TM and Pendulum Space, never paying out of pocket for anything. TM just wants your talent and to not for you to go broke.
I don’t want to do a 10 PM Friday/Saturday show. Can I pitch for another time?
Certainly! We are prioritizing the 10 PM Friday/Saturday shows, at this time, but we are open to suggestions if you have a show to pitch. Please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org with more details.
Questions? Email us at email@example.com, and we’ll answer any questions you have. Ready to submit? See the link below!